01 Jul Alex Zinchenko – Rough Strength (And Training Simplicity)
(#127) Alex Zinchenko, author of Rough Strength Files, is this week’s featured podcast guest.
Alex is a self-proclaimed “strength addict” and strength coach who shares his simple ideas and strategies on training and nutrition to maximize results.
This is a informative and straightforward session about strength training philosophy and methodology in an exclusive interview from the Ukraine.
Here’s what you learn about this week:
- How Alex got started with his strenth journey
- The book that started in all
- Dealing with injury
- The definition of “Rough Strength”
- The surprising prevalence of kettlebells in Ukraine
- How he learned to use kettlebells
- How he describes his style of kettlebell training
- 2 limiitations with kettlebells
- Why strength is so important
- Hidden beneifts of strength
- Is there a quality of strength that’s most important?
- What he’s currently working on with his training
- His appoach to programming
- How he prevents “overreaching”
- His simple approach to nutrition – how to avoid “getting lost”
- The inspiration behind “Rough Strength Files”
- Specific tips to be able to perform the free standing hand stand
- The one arm push up – thoughts and progressions
- What he learned from Paul Wade
- A problem in the fitness industry – and how to fix it
- The most important thing about getting results
- A big misconception about advanced lifters
- His big training advice to his younger self
- The big influences on his training
- And more…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
- Rough Strength Files – The book
- Video Trailer of the book
My preferred brand of kettlebells is still Rogue. To see the exact bell I use, go to RdellaTraining.com/kettlebell
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.