29 Jul Artemis Scantalides – There’s Nothing Like Feeling Strong
(#131) Artemis Scantalides is the featured guest this week.
Artemis has an accomplished athletic background and discovered the unique benefits of kettlebell training, which transformed her training approach.
Artremis is a fitness professional who focuses on strength and performance using the principles of kettlebells and the hardstyle approach.
She’s a Strong First Level 2 kettlebell instructor, as well as RKC level 2 certified and other notable fitness credentials.
She also created her own workshop series and is doing innovative things in the fitness industry to help people improve strength and achieve a variety of fitness and performance goals.
Here’s what you’ll hear about this week on the show:
- How Artemis went from IT consultant to fitness professional
- What was the turning point that transitioned her career
- Her unique and diverse athletic background (and how that helped her)
- Her views on kettlebells and martials arts
- What was the “hook” with kettlebell training
- The big turning point that changed her approach
- What she likes most about “hardstyle” training
- The biggest misconceptions about kettlebell training
- Why proper kettlebell instruction is so important
- Why she decided to take on the Iron Maiden Challenge
- How she got great at pressiing
- What she recommends to build press strength
- Key pressing tips (and a KEY exercise you’d never guess)
- What she’s currently working on in her training
- One of her favorite books for strength
- The big influences in her programming approach
- The myth that won’t die – bulking
- What Is the “I Am Not Afraid to Lift” Workshop
- The athletic accomplishment she’s most proud of
- The best training advice she ever got
- Parting advice – Why strength is so important…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
To see the specific kettlebell brand I recommend, click here.
Be sure to check out the NEW Scientific Strength Podcast, with new short episodes every MONDAY.
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.