10 Sep Brad Schoenfeld on The Science of Muscle Building
(#83) Dr. Brad Schoenfeld is the featured guest and muscle building is our topic this week on the podcast.
Brad is known as “the hypertrophy specialist” and is renowned for his knowledge in the area of muscle building.
What’s interesting about Brad is his unique combination of scientific knowledge and practical application of hypertrophy training.
This is an in-depth interview on the latest science in muscle building and you’re guaranteed to learn the “real science,” not the “bro-science.”
Here’s some of what you’ll learn this week:
- Where we are in the science of muscle building
- How to build muscle if you’re near your genetic potential
- The most important variables to optimize hypertrophy
- Understand the importance of “loading zones”
- The latest research on high rep vs. low rep training
- New research comparing bodybuilding style training vs. power lifting style
- Why it’s important to train different muscle fiber types for hypertrophy
- The 3 critical factors to stimulate muscle growth
- Learn about the Max Muscle Plan and why it’s effective
- How to “de-load”
- Why we need to push it to the edge, but not beyond
- And, much more key insight from Brad…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training Podcast is released each Wednesday with valuable training tips and amazing interviews from the top coaches and experts in the fitness industry.
To find Dr. Brad Schoenfeld online, go to LookGreatNaked.com
Check out his new book, The Max Muscle Plan
An interesting study that was discussed in this episode was bodybuilding style training versus power lifting style training. Click here to see that study.
Brad’s major paper on the Mechanisms of Hypertrophy is outstanding.
The NEW article mentioned on Bodybuilding.com is The 6 Best Kettlebell Exercises.
Are you on INSTAGRAM? If so, connect there with @rdellatraining
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
To submit your question to the “ASK SCOTT” segment in the show, post your question on the Facebook Fan Page.
I’ll answer one question each week on the show.
If you enjoyed this, please share.