15 Apr RT 115 | Brett Jones – Functional Movement And Uncommon Training Approaches
Brett Jones, Chief SFG (StrongFirst) Instructor is this week’s podcast guest.
Brett is a Pittsburgh based fitness expert and international presenter with years of professional experiences.
He has a Master of Science in Rehabilitative Science from Clarion University and is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist.
He’s a national and international presenter for the Functional Movement Screen, as well as an Advisory Board Member.
And, he’s the co-creator of many outstanding DVD’s and fitness products.
Here’s what you’ll hear about this week on the show:
- Get a quick update about Brett’s new role
- The FMS (Functional Movement Screen) – what it is and is not
- Common mistakes with the FMS
- Simple tips to be more effective with the FMS
- Specific progressions to address “weak links”
- Looking beyond common shoulder asymmetry
- An underutilized athletic tool to improve shoulder health
- Hear about the influence of one of his mentors – Dr. Ed Thomas
- Discover the benefits of Indian Clubs (and how Brett uses them)
- How this tool can fit into any training program
- The 1st step to getting started with Indian Clubs
- The product he’s most proud of
- What makes a great coach
- His favorite uncommon kettlebell exercises
- And, GREAT advice for all of us in his closing comments
- And, many more key insights from Brett…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
(***Be sure to listen and learn about the giveaway from 4/8/15 through 4/22/15)
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
- To find Brett Jones online, go to AppliedStrength
- To learn about the Workshop this July with Brett Jones and Dr. Ed Thomas, go to DV8Fitness.com (*special discount available through the end of April)
- Club Swinging Essentials
- Kettlebells From the Ground Up (The Kalos Sthenos DVD)
- Kettlebells For Power Athletes
To see the high quality fitness equipment and gear I use, go to RdellaTraining.com/rogue
Be sure to connect on Instagram.
Share this valuable episode on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.