27 Aug Brian St. Pierre of Precision Nutrition
(#81) Brian St. Pierre, MS, RD, CSCS, CISSN, PN1 is this week’s guest and we covered many great nutrition topics in this week’s podcast.
You’ll want to listen all the way through as Brian shares great advice on how to optimize nutrition.
Brian is a Registered Dietician and has a Master’s in Food Science and Human Nutrition, but most importantly he’s a wealth of knowledge.
He has extensive experience as he worked for Cressey Performance as the head Sports Nutritionist and he currently works closely with Dr. John Berardi at Precision Nutrition.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this week’s interview with Brian:
- Hear how Brian got his start in Nutrition
- His current role at Precision Nutrition
- Key nutritional strategies he teaches his athletes
- Why “eating slow” is so important
- The KEY to sustainability with good nutrition
- Calories vs. Macronutrients – which is more important?
- How to make sense from “conflicting” nutrition advice
- Simple strategies for Fat Loss (this is great!)
- Thoughts on Paleo (the good and the potential limitations)
- What Brian considers “safe or acceptable” carbs
- Is it possible to build muscle on Paleo?
- Nutrient Timing defined and the latest science
- Learn about Super Shakes
- Thoughts on protein bars – good or bad?
- Key supplements for health and performance
- Learn about Precision Nutrition and what’s coming
- And, much more great insight from Brian…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training tips and awesome interviews.
Things discussed in this week’s show (these are great articles from Precision Nutrition, I’d highly recommend taking a read through for further information).
- Eating Slowly
- Nutrient Timing
- Workout Nutrition
- Workout Nutrition Infographic
- Super Shakes
- Portion Control
- Upcoming PN Seminars
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
To submit your question to the “ASK SCOTT” segment in the show, post your question on the Facebook Fan Page.
I’ll answer one question each week on the show.
If you enjoyed this, please share.