18 May Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman – Driven: A Fighter’s Journey From Classroom To Cage
(#174) Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman, is today’s guest on the podcast and he’s here to share his transformational life story, from classroom to cage. This is a fun and informative interview that I know you’re going to love!
Charlie “The Spaniard” Brenneman is a professional mixed martial arts fighter, speaker, and mentor. Following a successful high school wrestling career, Charlie took his talents to Lock Haven University where he achieved a top 12 finish at Division I Nationals and 1st Team All-Academic. After teaching Spanish for three years and winning Spike TV’s Pros vs. Joes, Charlie decided to leave his job to pursue a master’s degree and begin his professional fighting career—“The Spaniard” was born. In 2011, he was ranked as high as #7 in the world.
His book – Driven: My Unlikely Journey from Classroom to Cage – imparts lessons from nearly a decade in the cage. Hear about what’s it like fighting as a world title contender on live national TV, igniting a Twitter storm with the toughest man on the planet, and starting a family along the way. How exactly do you go from being a Spanish teacher to a professional fighter? With his story, you’ll get to step into the mind and life of a mixed martial artist who fights not only for money but for prizes far more lasting.
In today’s episode, Charlie takes us on his EPIC journey to becoming a world-renowned UFC fighter. Along with the new book, we discuss the epiphany moment that changed his life, the biggest challenges he had to face, his approach to strength training and much more.
This powerful interview is going to change how you think about success and will inspire you to set a new standard for excellence in your own life.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s amazing episode:
- The epiphany moment that changed Charlie’s life forever
- Taking the necessary actions to make something happen
- Find out how Charlie got his nickname “The Spaniard”
- The evolution to becoming a UFC fighter
- Charlie reveals the BIGGEST challenges he faced as a fighter
- The importance of putting yourself in uncomfortable situations
- The 5 minutes of darkness leading up to a fight
- A better understanding of proper nutrition and recovery
- The importance of muscular endurance and body awareness
- Hear about Charlie’s approach to strength training
- Talent vs. skill – which is more important?
- Can people develop their skills indefinitely?
- How to confidently deal with the haters
- Understanding your values and living by them
- Why small decisions are the keys to success
- A step-by-step approach to finding a mentor
- Charlie explains his drive to help others
- If you don’t promote yourself, nobody else will
- Developing a standard of excellence in everything you do
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- Driven: From Classroom To Cage
- The Alchemist
- Culture of Excellence – Mentoring Program
Some of my favorite educational resources can be found here: RdellaTraining.com/learn
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.