22 Jan Dan John: Body of Work
(#50) This is a very special session and a milestone celebrating 50 episodes of the Podcast.
I’m honored to bring you the return of Dan John to discuss a wide range of topics in strength and conditioning.
We discuss Dan’s extensive “body of work” in the world of strength training and athletic performance.
Dan discusses many of his training philosophies, experiences, insights, and brilliance that has made Dan legendary in the strength and conditioning community.
This episode is a great one as Dan is one of the most respected and authentic strength coaches in the entire industry.
You will learn a lot and hear unique perspective that ONLY Dan can share.
Check out what you’ll hear about in this great episode:
- What Dan is currently doing right now in his own training
- Why every coach needs a coach
- His simple advice on how to effectively combine kettlebells and Olympic weightlifting
- The “hip hinge” vs. the “power position.” Are they the same?
- The common bond between kettlebells, powerlifting, and Olympic lifting.
- Learn what made the “Coyote Point Kettlebell Club” so successful and how we can model it
- How to prepare for the SFG (Strong First Kettlebell Certification)
- How to determine if you need to work on “lungs” or “guns”
- The Intervention system. Has it evolved?
- Is there a new 6th movement?
- What Dan says are common about all successful nutrition programs
- The impact of his encounter with pro bodybuilder, Robbie Robinson
- What makes an athlete elite?
- Learn about the effectiveness of “Mass Made Simple“
- Find out where you can learn from Dan “live” this year
- Hear about some of Dan’s favorite book recommendations
- And, so much more wisdom from Dan John…
Click here to review and subscribe in iTunes.
And, click here to review and subscribe in Stitcher.
To read Dan John’s material and find out more, please go to DanJohn.net.
If you’d like to see the article we discussed on preparing for the SFG, click here.
To check out Dan’s great series of Movement Lectures, go to MovementLectures.com.
If you need any additional information on what we discussed, please contact me and I’ll do my best to get you the information you need.
Please do Dan and I a favor. If you like this episode, please share it!
Thanks for listening and I’ll see you next week for a great episode #51.