23 Mar Danny Kavadlo – Fitness Minimalism With Calisthenics
(#166) Danny Kavadlo is this week’s guest on the podcast and this interview is not only insightful, but inspiring.
Danny has made his mark in the fitness world as a personal trainer, world authority in calisthenics, and Master Instructor for Dragon Door’s Progressive Calisthenics Certification. He is known for his minimalist philosophy, simple approach to training, and getting results for his clients.
Danny’s book – Strength Rules – How to Get Stronger Than Almost Anyone – is a #1 Amazon best-seller and has been called the master blueprint for progressive calisthenic training. Whether you’re just starting out, or you’re a veteran to the strength game, this book will help you take your fitness and nutrition to the next level.
During our interview, Danny and I discuss the new book, along with his unique path to succeeding in the fitness world. You’ll learn about his approach to getting his clients real world results and his philosophies in training and beyond.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s amazing episode:
- The unconventional first question – about his tattoos…
- The surprising commonalities between tattoos and working out
- How Danny became a world authority in calisthenics and makes a living helping people get healthy
- Why he quit his job at a chain gym to become an independent fitness professional
- Convict Conditioning – the bible of bodyweight training
- Why when someone offers you an opportunity, you take it!
- What it means to have true hustle for training
- Learning how to take action and just do the thing!
- How to keep things interesting for your personal training clients
- Finding the most efficient and effective ways to train your clients
- Determining what’s right for your fitness clients
- Why a fitness professional should NOT focus on a single niche
- How to broaden your training modalities to accommodate your clients
- How to train anybody, with any piece of equipment, in any capacity
- The ability to motivate, inspire, and lead people
- Danny talks about the people who have had a major influence on his life
- The story behind Strength Rules
- Danny discusses the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of training
- Why the body needs different things at different times
- How to build emotional strength, survive the fires, and come out stronger than ever
- How to prioritize and choose your time wisely
- The importance of relating to your clients
- Why most people don’t progress linearly with their training
- Be like water and go with the flow – the importance of adapting and shifting with change
- Why bodyweight training is different for everyone
- Find out the most difficult bodyweight training exercise for Danny
- What is the Back Bridge and how does it build strength, flexibility, and balance?
- Knowing the difference between pain and discomfort
- If you want to get stronger, you have to apply stress
- When you should take the path with the most resistance
- Discover 3 of the most important exercises you can do
- Why we need to eliminate the “quick fix” mentality in both fitness and life
- Understanding that you have the power to take control of your own life
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- Strength Rules – How To Get Stronger Than Almost Anyone
- Diamond Cut Abs
- Everybody Needs Training
- Convict Conditioning by Paul “Coach” Wade
- Progressive Calisthenics Certification
- The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.