11 Jan Dr. Mitch Babcock – A New Model For Physical Therapy And Strength Training
(#234) Dr. Mitch Babcock joins the podcast this week for a great conversation about how he combines his background as a strength athlete, physical therapist and strength coach in an innovative approach to maximizing performance and minimizing risk for injury.
You could say that his approach is considered a NEW model for today’s clinician.
Mitch has a Doctorate in Physical Therapy. He’s a coach, athlete and a “teacher of movement.” His clinic is FitnessTx and he explains how he successfully operates and excels as a solo practitioner.
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week:
- How he’s evolved and grown in his training approach through the years
- An interesting story on his decision to become a physical therapist
- The problems with “conventional” PT clinics
- We dive into his successful (and unconventional) work as a clinician
- How he works as a 100% cash-based practitioner
- What he thinks about the “current state” of physical therapy
- What a “typical day” looks like for him in the clinic
- How his PT background plays into his coaching
- Is there a “gap” in the physical therapy curriculum?
- How to stay current in your craft as a rehab professional
- What is PT on Ice and who is this for?
- His advice to learn about “good movement”
- What he likes most about CrossFit – and what could be improved
- The biggest training mistake (that can help reduce injuries)
- His “secret” to staying current with research
- How he trains today (specifics)
- Books that have influenced him the most
- Actionable closing advice…
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.If you don't have a movement practice, look to find one. - Mitch Babcock Click To Tweet
- Current Concepts In Periodization (*The Dan Lorenz work that was referenced)
- Mitch on Instagram
- Start With Why (TED Talk)
- Supple Leopard
- Your Best Year Ever
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.