17 Dec Gary Ward – What The Foot? A Philosophy on Human Performance (Part I)
(#97) Gary Ward is a pioneer in human performance and he’s this week’s amazing podcast guest.
Gary is the author of an incredible book titled “What The Foot” which is a “game changing” philosophy on human movement to eliminate pain and maximize potential.
This session is the literally the “cutting edge” in performance and we covered a lot of ground in this interview, yet we truly only scratched the surface on his philosophy.
This interview is split into 2 episodes (Part I and Part II) because of the depth of information covered and I wanted listeners to be able to absorb the high value content and brilliant insight that Gary shares.
Part II will be released as a “special edition” episode shortly after this release, so you’ll definitely want to check that out to dive deeper into Gary’s approach.
Be open to learning and I recommend you drink some “brain fuel” while you listen to this session, as my brain was on “overload.”
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in Part I:
- How I discovered this amazing book
- How “ski boots” led to his discovery of optimizing human performance
- Why the “WTF” approach is different from anything else
- How a 1 mm change in the foot can impact the entire body
- Who benefits from his unique approaches
- How to make the foot (a complex structure) very simple
- Why most disregard the importance of the foot to the body as a whole
- Pronation in the foot – understanding what it is and is it a bad thing?
- Is a “neutral foot” achievable?
- How his approach improved a seasoned powerlifter’s personal best by 40 kg in 2 days
- Hear a detailed description of how a simple shift in the foot improves the dynamics of the body in motion
- The significance of “being centered” (a very important concept in function and performance)
- How this all relates to kettlebells, barbells, and performance training
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is THE Strength and Performance Podcast on a mission to help forge high performing bodies.
- To connect with Gary and learn more go to Facebook.com/garyalanward
- To learn more about Anatomy In Motion, check out Facebook.com/anatomyinmotion
- Find Gary on Twitter @GaryWard_AiM
- To get the book, “What the Foot” go to whatthefoot.co.uk
Make sure to check out PART II of this interview.
Share this valuable episode, just hit one of the buttons above.
To check out my preferred kettlebell brand go to RdellaTraining.com/kettlebell