20 Jan Georgie Fear – The Science Behind Habit Based Nutrition
(#157) Georgie Fear, registered dietitian, professional nutrition coach, and author of Lean Habits, is the featured guest this week on the podcast.
This is an intensive interview discussing Georgie’s passion and expertise: habit based nutrition.
Before we immersed into the nutrition talk, we discussed her “current state” and the physical challenge she’s currently dealing with.
This is a powerful and amazing story.
Here’s what you’ll hear about this week:
- Learn about her diverse background, professionally and as an athlete
- How she incorporated strength training into her endurance background
- Her “big” challenge – how she’s currently handling a major issue
- The psychology of dealing with injury
- What she’s hoping to get back to (functionally and in her training)
- Defining habit-based-nutrition, what is it really?
- How long does it typically take to develop new habits?
- Breaking down the 4 core habits
- Why she doesn’t like eating to “80% full”
- Is eating 3-4 times per day optimal?
- Thoughts on protein and protein supplementation
- What 2 types of protein she recommends to avoid and why
- Fats and carbs – the issues, debates, and the science
- Problems with consuming over 40% fat, in terms of satiety
- How to sort through (and make sense of) conflicting nutritional information
- The problem (and challenges) with looking at studies
- What causes “mindless eating” or “emotional eating” (and how to beat it)
- Optimizing your nutrition on training days
- How she keeps up on the science
- Great closing advice and next steps…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- Lean Habits
- Nutrient Timing – Is There a Post Exercise Anabolic Window?
- Fat Loss Happens On Monday
Let’s spread the word, please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Have questions you’d like to get answered from Georgie for the next interview???
Post them below, email me, or post them on Facebook. We’ll be sure to ask and answer your question on the next interview.