24 Feb Greg Everett – Olympic Weightlifting, A Complete Guide
(#162) Greg Everett, Olympic weightlifting coach and multi-book author, is today’s featured guest on the podcast.
Greg Everett is a national-level competitive weightlifter & coach, author, writer, producer, director, and founder of Catalyst Athletics, which is a the world’s largest source of educational material for Olympic Weightlifting.
Greg is the author of the most popular book on Olympic weightlifting – Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches – and has just launched the 3rd edition, which has been completely revised, improved, and expanded by 150 new pages.
During today’s interview, I talk shop with Greg about Olympic weightlifting, coaching, training, the 3rd edition of his book, and so much more!
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s amazing episode:
- Greg explains his first Olympic weightlifting experience and the multitude of factors that took his training to the next level
- The importance of being involved in a wide variety of sport and athletic experiences
- How to continually get better as a coach – great stuff!
- Why you should train with athletes and coaches who are better than you
- How to avoid “over coaching”
- The importance of having an individual approach to coaching
- Why coaching too little is better than coaching too much
- Refining your coaching to be as simple and clear as possible
- How much time does it take to become proficient at Olympic weightlifting?
- The real limiting factors to Olympic weightlifting
- When is someone too old for Olympic weightlifting?
- How to set realistic training expectations in training
- The current state of weightlifting- the good and the bad
- What’s new in Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches (3rd edition)
- Greg’s daily habits for putting out a ton of great content (his secrets to great writing)
- The benefits of certifications and seminars
- And, key closing advice!
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- Catalyst Athletics
- Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches (3rd Edition)
- Olympic Weightlifting Seminars and Certification
For great training equipment and gear, my complete source is RogueFitness.com
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Don’t forget to POST your #1 takeaway from this interview below, do this for yourself and to share with others.