29 Sep Jeff Pelizzaro – How To Get Fit And Strong For Better Golf Performance
(#259) Jeff Pelizzaro is this week’s featured guest.
Jeff is a licensed physical therapist, golf fitness professional, and authored the #1 Amazon Best-Selling book The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout.
He’s the co-founder of 18STRONG, a golf fitness website and podcast where the mission is simple: Help golfers Train Harder, Practice Smarter, and Play Better Golf.
Combining instructional videos and podcast interviews with some of the best golfers and coaches in the world, 18STRONG is quickly becoming one of the top online resources for golfers looking to Think, Play, and Feel stronger on and off the course.
This week on the show, Jeff and I had a great chat about his highly successful approach to movement and strength with the golfers he works with. He shares his specific methods that allow for peak performance in the game of golf.
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week:
- Jeff’s backstory and how he ended up specializing in Golf Fitness
- I share my own “golf story” that I’ve never shared before
- How golf is a lot like kettlebells and weightlifting?
- What Jeff enjoys most about working with the golf population
- How strength training can improve golf performance
- How he evaluates golfers to maximize performance
- What body segments limit the golf swing the most?
- His simple approach to better movement and strength
- How he cautiously uses kettlebells in his training program
- What he thinks about using the get-up for golfers
- Benefits of the get-up for the golfer
- What his “go-to” exercises are for golf performance
- The method he uses to increase speed
- His global approach to fixing low back pain
- Misconceptions golfers have about strength training
- Why hypertrophy training is actually a great thing for golfers
- Examples of the young generation of golfers who are lifting heavy
- Learn about the gold standard golf certification – The TPI
- What to look for when looking for a golf fitness professional
- Advice for coaches or trainers who are looking to work with golfers
- Where to start on 18Strong.com?
- Jeff’s unconventional book recommendation
- The takeaway action after listening to this interview…
Get value from this podcast?
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Created for the serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters around the world.
- YouTube Channel for 18Strong
- Five Lessons – The Modern Fundamentals Of Golf
- The Golfer’s Guide to a Bogey Proof Workout
- TPI Certification
- Fearless Golf
- Think And Grow Rich
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.