14 May Joe DeSena, Founder of Spartan Race
(#66) Joe DeSena, the founder of Spartan Race, is the week’s podcast guest.
In this week’s show, we take on the topics of mental strength and ultimate conditioning.
You’ll also hear about Joe’s new book, Spartan Up.
It was great to speak to Joe and hear about how he created Spartan Race and how this has grown into such a global brand.
Joe’s been an entrepreneur since the age of 8 and he has an impressive background in business and as an endurance athlete, which you’ll hear about in this great interview.
This is a “rapid fire” and content rich interview session.
Here’s what you’ll learn about:
- How he got his start in endurance training
- What he learned during his attempt at 10,000 burpees
- How many burpees he recommends each day for most people
- How the Spartan Race has evolved
- The 3 levels of the Spartan Race
- 3 simple things he recommends to prepare for the Spartan Race
- Hear about “real world” success stories and how this event changed lives
- Should you consider competing in Spartan Race, even if you’re a strength athlete?
- What is “obstacle immunity?”
- The deeper meaning behind the competition
- What’s the 1st step to compete in an event?
- Hear about Joe’s new book, Spartan Up!
- Hear his “call to action” after listening to this interview
If you enjoy this episode, please help the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
As a reminder, a new episode is released every Wednesday with valuable training tips and great interviews.
To learn everything about Spartan Race, go to SpartanRace.com
And, be sure to check out Joe DeSena’s new book, Spartan Up!
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
If you enjoyed this week’s show, please share it.
Scott Iardella writes about strength training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join a strong and growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts and subscribe below to get a ton of cool, free stuff!