13 Jan John Welbourn – How An Ex-NFL Player Approaches Strength And Performance
(#156) John Welbourn, former NFL player with the Philadelphia Eagles, CEO of PowerAthlete, and mastermind of CrossFit Football, joins me this week on the podcast.
John is a no-nonsense guy with a ton of experience in the strength game.
This interview session is loaded with pure content about John’s experiences and “no-BS” approach.
Here’s some of what you’ll hear about:
- How his training has changed since his NFL days
- What he really thinks about “mobility”
- How he focuses his training as a retired athlete
- Thoughts on Olympic weightlifting and athleticism
- How he deals with physical limitations
- How and why he incorporates “heavy” strength training
- What may be the most important training quality
- The importance of C.A.T. and how to learn more about it
- The 2 things you must do under load
- Key insights he learned from Louie Simmons
- The most frustrating/challenging thing about lifting heavy weights
- What he thinks is the “stupidest” training method
- How he defines “athleticism”
- Why it’s all about the fundamentals
- The big influences in his career
- 2 key things he did to bench 500 pounds
- What is PowerAthlete and why he started it?
- The story about the “Talk to Me Johnnie” ebook
- 3 books to read for a world -class education in strength training
- The secret to success in life
- What makes a coach great?
- And, some Philadelphia Eagles talk to close things out…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
Let’s spread the word, please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.