03 May Josh Hillis – The Truth About Fat Loss
(#282) Josh Hillis is our featured guest this week who joins the show to discuss the truth about what it takes to achieve sustainable fat loss.
Josh is a renowned nutrition coach who specializes in habit-based, positive changes and has helped countless people reach their health and fitness goals for more than 10 years.
He’s also the co-author of Fat Loss Happens on Monday and is finishing up his second book, Lean and Strong.
We had a fantastic chat recently discussing practical applications and strategies for healthy eating.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in the episode:
- How Josh ended up as a “fat loss specialist“
- Learn about his habit-based approach
- How he tracks behaviors
- How his thoughts have changed on food journaling
- The key questions to ask clients about eating
- The biggest issue with food journaling
- What to eat for snacks? Should you eat snacks at all?
- How much of a role does exercise really play in fat loss?
- The role of stress with eating challenges
- How to deal with food cravings?
- Understand cravings vs. hunger
- How to overcome eating for boredom
- What to eat if you’re actually hungry at night?
- The 2 biggest reasons we gain weight
- How to handle weekend “binge eating”
- The type of thinking that is the #1 predictor for diet failure
- What are the CORE habits for fat loss?
- What is TRUE hunger?
- What Josh thinks about the Keto craze?
- Thoughts on Rapid Fat Loss – yay or nay?
- Learn about Josh’s upcoming book – Lean And Strong
- The importance of values with weight loss and fat loss goals
- And, hear about Josh’s next book project, as well…
- Actionable closing advice you can use!
Exercise does play a role in fat loss, but it’s not a primary tool for most people.
Weight loss is about changing your food skills. Strength training is about getting leaner.
Balanced meals really work for fullness.
Our proud podcast partner is Momentous.
Momentous is my #1 recommended protein that is available on the market today. This protein source is the highest-quality, it tastes amazing, and it’s well-tolerated. Don’t settle for sub-standard protein supplements. Momentous is simply outstanding. Available in whey or plant-based varieties.
Check out LiveMomentous.com/Rdella and use the code “RDELLA20” to save $20 off your first order.
I’ve been using the “Absolute Zero Grass-Fed Whey” blend, pictured below.
I mix Momentous with frozen organic strawberries and a 50/50 blend of unsweetened almond/coconut milk and it is FANTASTIC!
Get value from the podcast?
Then, please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.
SHOW NOTES AND LINKS:
- Fat Loss Happens On Monday
- The Happiness Trap
- Motivational Interviewing
- Find Tim Caron at Allegiate Gym
- The Top 10 Podcasts on Rdella Training
- Use code “RDELLA20” to save $20 OFF your first order.
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.