30 Nov Pat Flynn – How To Be Better At Almost Everything
(#267) Pat Flynn returns to the podcast this week for a stellar interview covering a variety of topics, including how to be better at almost everything. Pat shares his unique approaches to minimalism and generalism and why these are such good things.
Pat Flynn is a ‘fitness minimalist’ and co-author of the book Paleo Workouts For Dummies. He has written extensively about how to get more with less and you’ll find his work at his primary website, Chronicles of Strength.
Pat always brings massive value and insight about training and so much more. This session was a lot of fun and it’s also loaded with great information, including all the details about his upcoming book project.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week.
- What Pat does to maximize training this time of year
- A minimalist training session example he recently did
- Nutritional strategies around the Holidays
- How Pat describes his nutritional approach
- The importance of protein supplementation
- Why sustainability is essential for nutritional success
- Pat’s secret protein bar…
- Why it’s not a good idea to get “H-angry“
- Key learning strategies that Pat uses to take action
- What his upcoming book is all about
- What is skill stacking – and how to use it to your advantage
- Why great is the enemy of good (a contrasting viewpoint)
- The rule of 80% – how most can successfully use this strategy
- Why there’s a lot of advantages to being a generalist
- Pat shares his top 5 skills to be successful
- How to develop the skill of focus
- The daily mediation practice he implements
- What his morning ritual consists of
- He discusses the painful process of writing a book
- Actionable closing advice after listening to the interview…
- And, the strategic application of focused-goal-setting
Get value from this podcast?
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to helping athletes and fitness enthusiasts consistently evolve, grow, and become the strongest and best version of themselves. We teach intelligent training and lifestyle for serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters all over the world.You can be a master and an expert in many different things. -Pat FlynnClick To Tweet
- How To Read A Book
- Head Space App
- The War of Art
- Good To Great by Jim Collins
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.