16 Jul Phil Scarito Talks FMS, Strength, and Indian Club Essentials
(#75) Phil Scarito is a coach, trainer, and Strong First Master Kettlebell Instructor.
Phil has extensive experience teaching many top level kettlebell certifications, workshops, and clients of all levels.
He’s also been fortunate to learn and train with the likes of Gray Cook, Brett Jones, Marty Gallagher, Pavel Tsatsouline, and many others.
In this week’s episode we covered many different topics related to strength and performance.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn about:
- How he began his journey into strength
- How the FMS (Functional Movement Screen) has evolved
- Hear about his current training approach – his simple programming
- The “Big Thing” he learned from Marty Gallagher, Brad Gillingham, and Kirk Karwoski
- Learn all about Indian Clubs and where this fits into our training
- How he recommends to get started with Indian Clubs
- Topics in programming: structured vs. variety?
- The big advice Phil tells his kettlebell students (and how it helps them)
- Hear about Marty Gallagher’s 12 week basic program framework for top strength athletes
- The ultimate learning experience he recommends for coaches and trainers this year
- And, much more…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please help grow the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training tips and awesome interviews.
To learn more about Phil Scarito, find him at DV8Fitness.com
To learn more about Club Swinging Essentials, click here.
The 3 day FMS course Phil mentioned in November is here.
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
PLEASE SHARE THIS EPISODE.