15 Aug PJ Nestler – Breathe Better, Recover Faster, And Optimize Health With XPT
(#253) PJ Nestler returns to the podcast this week to discuss his role as Director of Performance with XPT. This session is not only cutting-edge, but it’s filled with ideas and next steps to optimize health and performance – at any level.
Coach PJ is a human performance specialist with over a decade of experience preparing top athletes for competition, and a life mission to help athletes and coaches realize their true potential. Over the past ten years, PJ has trained dozens of athletes from the UFC, NFL, NHL and MLB. He’s a wealth of information and gets results with his athletes and students.
XPT (or Extreme Performance Training) is a performance lifestyle based on the fundamentals: Breathe, Move, Recover. XPT is inspired by the training techniques and lifestyle habits of big wave surfer, Laird Hamilton and former Pro-Athlete, Gabrielle Reece.
For more information, visit XPTLife.com.
Here’s some of what we cover this week on the show:
- What is the XPT experience and what it can do for you
- How he landed his current role of Performance Director
- His first impressions of Laird Hamilton and Gabrielle Reece
- Why PJ was hesitant to go to XPT
- How he describes XPT and who can benefit the most
- Learn about the 2 paths of the XPT experience (consumer and coaching)
- Specific applications of breathing and how this has transformed people
- What a NEW study revealed about CWI (Cold Water Immersion)
- Practical advice for recovery using CWI
- PJ shares his personal experience that helped him overcome panic attacks
- Specific applications of using CWI
- How to use “contrasting” exposures – and why?
- Why heat exposure can do for our health
- Closing advice with 2 specific actions…
Get value from this podcast? Then please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is published every week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with many “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Created for the serious fitness enthusiasts and dedicated lifters around the world.
- PJ Nestler on Instagram
- ACE Cold Water Immersion Study
- Just Breathe by Dan Brule
- The Oxygen Advantage by Patrick McKeown
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter or anywhere you’d like.