25 Nov Ray Toulany – Lessons From Super Strength
(#148) Ray Toulany, host of The Super Strength Show, joins me this week to discuss his story and approach to strength and performance.
Ray is passionate about physical culture and he shared many great insights in this episode.
This is a rare opportunity to learn from Ray and hear about his own journey into training and performance in a “no-nonsense” interview.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s episode:
- How Ray got started in the “iron game”
- How he describes his approach to training
- His early influences in training
- The books that made the biggest impact
- Early mistakes in his own training
- A specific example of one of his recent training sessions
- His top training tools for strength and “function”
- What he really likes about Sandbag Training
- What he thinks about kettlebells
- The advantages of integrating different trainings tools
- Why he decided to start The Super Strength Show
- The problem with too much information on-line
- A deep discussion about the real purpose of training
- Key lessons learned from Arnold
- Ray discusses his biggest challenges in training
- When he finds time to train – insights on “time of day” training
- What was the “aha” moment is his training journey
- How Ray is better today than he was 6-12 months ago
- The top things he does everyday to be successful
- Why it’s important to get to bed early
- The most important things he does for his health
- If he could train with anyone – WHO would it be?
- His simple description of his training philosophy
- Where you should start if you’re new to The Super Strength Show
- Fantastic closing advice…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online, helping people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.