15 Feb Dr. Craig Marker – What It Means To Build The Anti-Fragile Self
(#197) Dr. Craig Marker is this week’s guest in a great interview session. We discuss his approach to building strength, with specific programming concepts and training applications. This session is literally jam-packed with specific training ideas to improve strength and performance.
Craig Marker, Ph.D is a fitness enthusiast who’s published over 50 articles, chapters, and textbooks on psychology and research methods. Craig is a researcher and psychologist who understands the cutting edge of strength, sports performance, body composition, and nutrition.
Craig’s upcoming book, The AntiFragile Self, takes on the topic of building a stronger person in the mental and physical domains.
Here’s what you’ll learn about this week in a fantastic interview:
- How his background connects to strength and performance
- Important considerations when looking at research
- The most valuable lesson he learned from Pavel Tsatsouline
- Who influenced Craig’s approach the most
- What makes a great coach
- Advice to those considering a StrongFirst certification
- The articles he’s most proud of and why
- How and why he uses an “intentional community”
- The rationale of “Plan Strong” and Soviet Weightlifting
- The rationale for Hybrid Power Conditioning
- An explanation of the “What The Heck” effect
- Hear about the very latest project from StrongFirst
- The biggest misconception about strength training
- The most valuable exercise???
- Biggest mistake with the kettlebell swing
- What is The Anti-Fragile Self
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s fast and easy to review the show. To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- To find Craig Marker, go to ArmourBuilding.com
- The Hybrid Power Conditioning Program
- 4 Secrets of Soviet Weightlifting
- Plan Strong
- The NEW Strong Endurance Event (***NOTE: This event has SOLD OUT)
- It’s Not CrossFit’s Fault, It’s The Reinforcement System
- You Are Not Normal
- Easy Strength
- Mistakes Were Made But Not By Me
The most recent post from Rdella Training:
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.