05 Apr Max Aita – What We Can Learn From The Bulgarian Method
(#204) Max Aita, Head Coach at Juggernaut Training Systems, joins the show to discuss his key learnings from his personal experiences with legendary Bulgarian Weightlifting coach, Ivan Abadjiev (who recently passed away at the age of 85).
Max is truly a wealth of knowledge and in this session, he brings insights you won’t get from anyone else about the key principles of training and performance. This
Max is a highly accomplished coach, athlete, weightlifter, and powerlifter who shares incredible knowledge and ideas discussing what we can all learn from the infamous Bulgarian Training Method.
Here’s what you learn in this week’s incredible interview:
- What separates great coaches from all the rest
- The key things he learned from his direct experiences with Ivan Abadjiev
- Why the Bulgarian Training Method isn’t really a method
- The 2 most important training principles on which the system was built
- What doesn’t work about the system and the single biggest problem
- What today’s athlete can takeaway (2 important things)
- Is “how you feel” a lie?
- How important was technique in the Bulgarian system?
- The 2 specific technique tips he got from Abadjiev
- How fatigue was acknowledged during the training program
- How Max uses de-loads
- What made Abajiev great as a coach
- How to combine Olympic lifting and powerlifting – is it really possible?
- Programming approaches for lifters (specifics)
- And more specific training ideas and actionable follow-ups…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s fast and easy to review the show. To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.Technical mastery is the ability to reproduce highly efficient lifts, again and again.Click To Tweet
- Juggernaut Training Systems
- Max Aita on Instagram
- The Scientific Principles of Strength
- The Sports Gene
- Super Training
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.