05 Jul Danny And Al Kavadlo – A New System To Get Strong With Calisthenics
(#216) Renowned calisthenics experts, Danny and Al Kavadlo, join the show this week to discuss their new calisthenics training system – “Get Strong.”
In this week’s session, we’ll take a “deep dive” into the area of calisthenics-only training with two of the world-leading authorities on the topic.
The Kavadlo brothers, Danny and Al, have authored countless books and articles on calisthenics training. You’ll hear how their new resource evolved from their existing body of work and offers something different.
Here’s what you’ll learn this week:
- Why they are fascinated with calisthenic training
- Why they decided to focus on calisthenics
- How they use “technical progressions” to continue to improve
- How to “quantify” improvement in bodyweight training
- Benefits of outdoor training
- How their new book is different from previous work
- Universal principles of the “warm-up”
- How their new program is progressed
- How many reps is at the “upper-end” of calisthenics?
- Can you really build muscle with calisthenics?
- What they do for “active recovery” days
- What is the “calisthenics body?”
- The “healing powers” of calisthenics
- Minimum standards to build a resilient body
- The biggest technique mistake in bodyweight training
- Examples of their recent training sessions
- How Danny approaches a “hard” leg day with calisthenics
- What Danny says are the 2 things required to get results
- Why the new book is the evolution of their work
- Who comes to mind when they think of a “strong” person
Please take a minute to review the show. It’s fast and easy to do. To see how to post a review in Apple Podcasts, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN APPLE PODCASTS
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world-class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to “bridging the gaps” in strength, performance, and injury prevention. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- Al Kavadlo on Instagram
- Get Strong (The latest book By Danny & Al)
- The Book by Alan Watts
- The Selfish Gene by Richard Dawkins
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
Mike MoranPosted at 20:34h, 06 July
Awesome!!! I love this program and I hope more people check out how awesome Al and Danny’s books are.
Wade RacePosted at 12:14h, 09 August
I prefer calisthenics and resistance band training almost exclusively because I can train anywhere. I train 6 days a week, bodybuilding style, and let me tell you, no need to go to a gym when you got a pull up bar, a TRX, and some high tension resistance bands!
To add, the Kavadlo Bros are awesome!