11 Jan Scott Carney – What Doesn’t Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude, and Environmental Conditioning Will Renew Our Lost Evolutionary Strength
(#192) Scott Carney is an award-winning investigative journalist, anthropologist and multi-book author. WARNING: This is one of the most “mild-blowing” interviews we’ve done on the podcast to date. This information is for your background use only – please use discretion.
Scott is the author of 3 books, including a fascinating NEW book titled “What Doesn’t Kill Us – How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude, & Environmental Conditioning Will Renew Our Lost Evolutionary Strength.
In this session, we discuss Scott’s personal journey to debunk these theories. What he experienced turned into a series of transformational events that improved his health and performance.
Listen to this episode with an open mind and I’d love to know what you think. Post your comments below.
Here’s some of what you hear about in this incredible interview:
- His amazing story and evolution of how the new book came about
- Why we went from skeptic to believer
- How he instantaneously doubled his push-ups in 15 minutes
- What he learned from The “Iceman” – Wim Hof
- What are the important physiological benefits of “environmental conditioning”
- How “cold exposure” can improve health – some amazing case studies that Scott discovered
- How his body “adapted” to environmental conditioning – metabolically and beyond
- The Fat Burning effects of cold exposure
- Understand the phases of cold training and how to adapt
- Is this just another fitness fad? Scott’s response
- The ultimate test to determine if this is something valuable for you
- What he hopes the book will do for people…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s easy to review the show, to see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
- What Doesn’t Kill Us: How Freezing Water, Extreme Altitude, & Environmental Conditioning Will Renew Our Lost Evolutionary Strength
Recent Posts from Rdella Training:
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.
What do you think about this episode?
Post your comments below.
LeonPosted at 14:23h, 23 February
Great episode. Thanks Scott!