11 Nov Shawn Stevenson – Simple Ways To Improve Health, Nutrition, and Sleep
(#146) Shawn Stevenson, best-selling author, podcaster, and health expert is the featured guest this week on the show.
Shawn is an acclaimed health expert and author of “Sleep Smarter: 21 Proven Tips To Sleep Your Way To A Better Body.”
He’s also the creator of The Model Health Show, a top rated health and fitness podcast in iTunes.
This is a comprehensive, content interview discussing key insights to optimize health.
Here’s what you’ll learn and hear about this week:
- Shawn’s unique story of physical “break down”
- What he did to overcame major physical challenges as a young man
- The 3 major things he did to radically reverse his health issues
- How he started to “shift” his behaviors to optimize health
- The importance of nutrition for “resiliency”
- How he describes his approach to nutrition
- What he experienced when he went “raw vegan” – and why he came back
- The truth about carbs – and why we need to understand insulin
- Understanding “glycogen spillover”
- The many different variables that can determine carb intake
- What he says is the biggest struggle most people have with nutrition
- The benefits of technology today to accelerate our knowledge
- The surprising facts about poor sleep habits
- Understand the glyphatic system and sleep
- A concerning medical condition – Type 3 Diabetes
- Why sleep deprivation wreak havoc on our bodies
- What he says to those who say “I only need a few hours of sleep each night“
- Shawn’s key habits to better sleep
- How to get into “anabolic sleep” – the importance of the morning ritual
- Why a cortisol spike in the morning may not be a bad thing
- Mobility work before bed?
- The importance of the “screen curfew” – and what to do instead
- What frustrates him the most in fitness
- The one big thing to take away from the interview, great closing advice…
- And, final comments about the “caffeine curfew”
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to become the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online, helping people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- The Model Health Show in iTunes
- Sleep Smarter: 21 Proven Tips by Shawn Stevenson
- The Calorie Myth
- Move Your DNA
If you enjoyed this, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.