18 Jan Stephanie Ring – How To Use Yoga For The Strength Athlete
(#193) Stephanie Ring is the founder of Endure Yoga, a multi-sport athlete and the creator of Yoga For Strength. She’s the first “yoga expert” to be featured on the podcast and she discusses some amazing content this week.
In this great session, Stephanie shares her unique and successful approach to incorporating yoga for the strength athlete. You’ll get a complete understanding of why and how this fits into the strength athlete’s program – and how this can greatly enhance performance and recovery.
Here’s what you’ll hear about:
- Why Stephanie started to use yoga in her training – and how she does it
- Where traditional yoga fell short
- How yoga helps the athlete recover faster and improves performance
- Why Stephanie doesn’t consider herself a traditional yoga teacher
- What she hopes her approach will do for strength athletes
- How she assesses movement and mobility
- Where she differs in philosophy from traditional yoga teachers
- How to use yoga in a strength training session (specific examples)
- The top 3 yoga movements for the strength athlete (this is KEY!)
- Debunking the big misconceptions about yoga (killing the myths)
- Her best advice to get started and how to find a great teacher
- The top benefits of incorporating yoga into training
- What is “Yoga For Strength” – what anyone can gain from this program
- Her specific and actionable closing advice!
Here’s Stephanie featured on the cover of Muscle and Performance Magazine!
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes.
It’s easy to review the show, to see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders. Specifically created for the serious fitness enthusiast, lifter, athlete, coach, trainer, or rehab professional.
Recent Posts from Rdella Training:
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.