23 Apr What Is Functional Hypertrophy?
(#63) What is Functional Hypertrophy and why do we need it?
In this week’s show, I’ll give you a basic introduction to this topic and explain what it is, why we need it, and how to train for it.
I believe this is a really important training concept to understand and benefit from.
It’s important for athletes and non-athlets and I’ll share with you how to use it to help maximize your physical performance and potential.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn this week:
- What is Functional Hypertrophy (a.k.a. Myofibrillar or Sarcomere hypertrophy)
- How does this differ from Sarcoplasmic Hypertrophy?
- How this will help our training and performance.
- What are the specific benefits?
- The importance of the Type II (fast twitch) muscle fiber
- How we can strategically train and target for Functional Hypertrophy
- And, much more related to strength, performance, and hypertrophy training
If you enjoy this episode, please help the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it helps to build the podcast.
TO SUBSCRIBE OR REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE OR REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
As a reminder, a new episode is released each Wednesday with valuable training tips and great interviews.
To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
The book I recommended again was “The One Thing” by Gary Keller.
The article I mentioned was How Strong is Strong Enough.
If you got value from this episode, please share it.
Scott Iardella writes about strength training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join a strong and growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts and subscribe below.