04 Jun Wil Fleming – How To Develop Explosive Athletes
(#69) This week’s episode features an awesome interview with Wil Fleming.
Wil is a sports performance coach and co-owner of Force Fitness and Performance in Bloomington, Indiana.
This is a valuable, rapid fire interview discussing how to improve athletic performance with Olympic weightlifting.
Here’s some of what you’ll learn in this week’s show:
- Why Wil thinks Olympic weightlifting is such a valuable training method for athletes, as well as the general population
- Ways that weightlifting translates to sports
- Hear about different styles of weightlifting to help determine what may be the best approach for you
- How he assesses movement prior to getting started with the barbell lifts
- Specific tips and tactics to maximize performance
- The difference between proficiency and mastery
- How quickly we can be proficient with Olympic weightlifting and the single most important factor
- His thoughts on high rep weightlifting
- Is Olympic weightlifting dangerous? – His thoughts
- The best way to get started
- And, much more great insight and knowledge from Wil.
If you enjoyed this episode, please help the show and drop a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated.
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES, click here
TO SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER, click here
The Rdella Training Podcast is released every Wednesday with valuable training tips and great interviews.
To find out more about Wil Fleming, check out WilFleming.com.
Here are 2 of the books Wil mentioned in this week’s interview.
Strength and Conditioning: Biological Principles and Practical Applications by Marco Cardinale
Power Training by Robert Dos Remedios
FEATURED SPONSOR: To get a free trial of great audio books, check out AudibleTrial.com/train.
Scott Iardella writes about strength training methods to optimize health and performance. If you enjoyed this article, join a strong and growing community of passionate fitness enthusiasts and subscribe below to get a ton of cool, free stuff!
Subscribe below or go to RdellaTraining.com/join to get your FREE Report, Kettlebell Impact with 12 Powerful Kettlebell Workouts.