11 May Dr. Eric Goodman – True To Form With Foundation Training
(#173) Dr. Eric Goodman joins the show today to talk about optimizing movement patterns, so you can build a solid foundation for strength and overall health.
Eric has spent years studying human physiology and movement. He has trained world-class athletes for better performance and has helped heal people of all ages and occupations from lifelong debilitating pain.
As the creator of Foundation Training, Eric combines his experience as a strength coach, personal trainer and Chiropractor to create a simple strengthening program that facilitates the body’s natural healing ability and quickly improve degenerative movement patterns.
His new book – True to Form: How to Use Foundation Training for Sustained Pain Relief and Everyday Fitness – will show you how to transform ordinary physical actions into active and mindful movements that help to eliminate pain, boost energy, and strengthen the body. By harnessing the body’s natural movement patterns, you can be fit, healthy, and pain-free for good.
In this episode, Eric and I discuss the principles behind his new book and how building a foundation for strength starts with better movement. We talk about injuries, movement patterns, the Hip Hinge, decompression breathing, and much more. This insightful interview will leave you with a better understanding of what causes pain, so you can eliminate it from your life and safely train for the long term.
Here’s what you’ll hear about in this week’s amazing episode:
- Dr. Eric Goodman shares his story and unique background
- What you can do with your body and for your body
- If you give the body an opportunity to heal, it will heal
- How to become strong, healthy and happy with Foundation Training
- Manage your poor movement patterns and create a new lease on life!
- What is Foundation Training?
- The fundamentals of Foundation Training
- Find out how Foundation Training can prime you for BIG movements
- Why lifting more weight is only one ingredient to getting stronger
- Find out what Foundation Training can do for plantar fasciitis, shin splints, heel spurs, knee pain, and more!
- Why Eric still struggles with the hip hinge
- The 2 factors that have the biggest impact on the hip hinge
- Discover the most important exercise for good movement and why doing it correctly is pivotal to preventing injury
- “True To Form” – teaching 15 of the most accessible exercises and solutions to your most common problems
- Why people who don’t care are being taken advantage of by the health care system
- “The 21st-century body” – what is it and how it’s different from the body of our ancestors?
- Decompression breathing – why it’s important and how to do it correctly
- Overcoming physical and mental barriers through better movement
- Why the continued pursuit of fitness is a right and privilege
- How High-Intensity Training can actually hinder your body’s capabilities
- You can’t build strength with dysfunction – why optimizing movement is the foundation for any form of training
- Find out which Superhero is putting his hammer behind “True to Form”
- And, great parting advice to take action with after hearing this interview…
If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please drop in a quick review in iTunes or Stitcher.
It’s easy to review the show and it’s greatly appreciated to help the show grow.
To see how to post a review in iTunes, go to RdellaTraining.com/review
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN ITUNES
SUBSCRIBE AND REVIEW THE SHOW IN STITCHER
The Rdella Training® Podcast is released each week with valuable training information and amazing interviews with “world class” coaches, experts, and authors in the fitness industry.
The Rdella Training Podcast is committed to becoming the Premier Strength and Performance Podcast online interviewing the industry leaders to help people of all levels live their strength and discover their greatness.
- True To Form
- Foundation Training 30 Day Founder Challenge
- Spontaneous Healing by Andrew Weil
Also, be sure to check out this fantastic TEDx Talk by Dr. Goodman.
Once again, go to FoundationTraining.com for more information.
Don’t miss the Global Performance Summit!
Click here for full details about this FREE online event.
To check out my favorite high-performance coffee, go here RenegadeRoastingCo.com/scott
Spread the word! Please share this on Facebook, Twitter, or anywhere you’d like.